Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baby Frankenstein

Disclaimer: Do not look at pictures if you have a weak stomach

Seth's bandage seemed huge to me. I couldn't figure out why it needed to be so big for such a little cut and I thought the doctor was just being cautious and put on extra padding. When we took the bandage off after a couple of days I just felt sick and David said his stomach started churning. The cut ended up being nearly 4" long with black stitches and it was still a little swollen and red, so it was kind of scary looking. I could hardly look at it. I don't think it would have bothered me so much if I had known what to expect, but I though it was going to be a little 1" cut. It's a good thing that David's dad was there to help clean it and put medicine on it. I just couldn't do it. It doesn't bother me now that I'm used too it, but it is a little scary looking. We're supposed to keep the cut out of the sun for a year (so it won't scar too badly), so Seth will be wearing hats pretty much all the time from now on and I think he's pretty cute in them.



4 comments:

Kevin, Amber & Jake said...

oh poor little guy!!! i guess it is good that hes young because i have a scar from when i was little in about the same spot on my forehead and its unnoticable now. glad hes getting better now and that you all survived it! kiss that little monkey for us! we love him!

audrey said...

maybe that's why they gave him morphine.... :)

Jason and Amy said...

poor little baby. glad the day and surgery ended as a success even though it took so long. seths incision is seriously bigger then both of carsons, who would of though removing a mole would be as big of an ordeal as removing pieces of skull :)

mrandmrsembry said...

I can't believe that little mole turned into such a big scar! Glad to hear he's okay now, that must have been a scary day.