Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!





I've really had a fantastic mother's day and it's all to the thanks of my amazing husband. Sometimes I am really just dumbfounded at how sweet, caring, and thoughtful he can be. He somehow had both Saturday AND Sunday off, so just having him home was all I could have asked for. On Saturday morning he took Luke with him grocery shopping so that I could prepare my RS lesson and when they came home he had beautiful flowers for me (which he had picked out and ordered over a week in advance!). We went on a pick nick for lunch and then he took me out to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants. On Sunday morning he made me a great breakfast - crepes, my favorite and then he made a wonderful pot-roast dinner. He also did all of the dishes all weekend and I only changed 2 diapers in 2 days! The best part though was just feeling that I was appreciated and that all I do means something to someone. When I think about it though, I really couldn't be a good mother without his support. It was also a great mother's day because we are also celebrating the upcoming birth of our second child in November . . . in other words, I'm Pregnant. I'm 13 weeks along and we are very excited!

3 comments:

Kevin, Amber & Jake said...

what a cool hubby you have! :)

Jamie said...

sounds like such a nice day! i heard something about you having #2 on the way! exciting! :)

Brittney said...

What special treatment! That's awesome that you're expecting!! Congrats! =)