Monday, March 8, 2010

Conversations with a 3 Year Old


Luke makes us laugh constantly with the things he says. I want to be sure and record some of them before I forget!

Luke sang really loud during all the songs in church yesterday. No matter the song he belted 'I Need Thee Every Hour' and he was very proud of himself. Later that night he said:

Luke: I sang really loud in church. I sang so loud that everyone could hear me. I sang so loud that the prophets could hear me!

Me: Who are the prophets?

Luke: They bring us the bread and water
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We've had a few 'difficult' days. With so much sickness and cabin fever there has been a bit of tension. Luke has had a really hard time sharing and David was getting especially frustrated so finally this happened:

David: Should I just throw all your cars in the garbage?

Luke: No, Daddy! Let's throw you in the garbage!

A while later after he calmed down:

Luke: Daddy, I'm sorry that I wanted to throw you in the garbage.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Me: Okay, it's time to go to the grocery store.

Luke: We don't need to go to the grocery store. We already have food. We need to go to Toys R Us and get cars.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Me: Who is your favorite Car? (from the movie, Cars)

Luke: Flo

Me: Why do you like Flo?

Luke: She's cute (a little shyly)

2 comments:

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Out of the mouth of babes! So funny!

Jason and Amy said...

the prophets pass the sacrament. haha love it