Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kindergarten!



I can hardly believe that I have a child in kindergarten! By the end of the summer though,  I think we were all ready for it to happen. It's so dang hot here that it's not even fun to play in water in the back yard, so we've been basically home bound for the past month except little errands here and there. I've been craving some routine and structure for a while, and so far I've really liked it. Anyway, Luke is going to our local public school and after visiting several charter schools I felt like this one would be as good as any other, and since I'm pregnant I want the ease of having him super close. I also want to be able to volunteer in his class and show up to have lunch whenever I want. The school has great ratings with a very active PTSO and we live in a great district, so I'm very happy with it all. His school offers full day kinder, so that's what he's doing! It's definitely been an adjustment for all of us (mostly him) to be gone all day, but he really seems to enjoy it. He says that his favorite school activity is PE and then music class. His favorite helper job is to do the calendar and his best friends are a boy named Alex and a girl named Summer.

No comments: