Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Luke!

It's hard for me to believe that this time last year I was recovering from the most difficult ordeal of my life and staring into the face of the most beautiful baby I had ever seen (yes, I am biased). David and I knew that our lives would be different from that day forward, but we could not have imagined just how wonderful it would be. We are so grateful for Luke. Everyday he brings new joy and life into our lives. From the moment he entered our home he brought with him a strong and peaceful spirit and we cannot imagine our lives without him now. Over this past year he has definitely changed a lot! He has learned how to smile, hold his head up, roll over, sit up, scoot, crawl, clap, walk, eat with his fingers, hold a bottle, laugh, chatter, drink from a straw, drink from a sippy cup, fall asleep on his own, sleep for 10-12 hours at night (yes!), and so much more. Little children are such an example to me. They have so more to learn and conquer and they do it all with a smile . . . maybe not teething, but most things. Anyways, I am just so grateful for my little boy. Happy Birthday, Luke!

Then


Now

6 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Luke! He is such a cute little guy!

sdmyers said...

Happy Birthday Luke! From Scott, Danielle, Jenny and Nicole.

Jason and Amy said...

a year old! wow time flies. happy birthday big boy!

Jamie said...

That's exciting Connie! Did the year just fly by?! My little Sadie is (only) 11 weeks old, but I feel like I had her yesterday! Luke is a cutie! Best of luck in this new year! :)

Summer said...

from sydney:
"merry birfday boyfriend!!"
seriously she said that

Melissa said...

I remember coming in to see Luke when he was born. He was such a cute little baby. I hope he had a great day.