Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Angels


The house is quiet with soft music playing - Dave went to see Transformers :) My babes are sleeping. The house is a complete and utter disaster. Unfolded laundry all over the living room. Papers scattered everywhere. Breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes in the sink, on the table and counter. Bed unmade, bathroom needs to be cleaned. So many things to do before we move. More to do than I can do alone. I should be overwhelmed and usually I am . . . but tonight I am completely at peace and utterly happy. As I started to clean off the kitchen table tonight I noticed Luke's perfect little foot print. I had told him several times not to stand on the table and was a little upset that he did, but then he smiled so sweetly and got down. Motherhood is without a doubt hard, emotionally, physically, psychologically but nothing can compare to it. I can't begin to describe what it feels like to be loved so deeply, and without judgment by my angels. I am the love of my boys life at least for the moment and my heart aches for them in a way I can't explain. I want to keep them innocent, pure, sweet and everything wonderful about childhood. I found myself just smelling their clothes as I attempted to fold laundry. Everyone has a scent and I just love theirs. I pray that I can always remember the way it feels to cuddle Luke and snuggle with Seth because I know it's not going to last forever, but this love I have for them will.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

What a sweet, touching post. I can feel the love you all share for each other. Great perspective on it all!

Kinzie Sue said...

so sweet. okay, so I've been seriously looking into trying out cloth diapers on this coming baby. i was going to email you but realized I didn't have your address. Anyways, I wanted to get more advice and such from you on the whole deal. I looked into the BumGenius ones, they have the one-size and all-in-one kind. Which did you get? Do you like it? I also looked into this brand called gDiapers. They use an insert so all you wash is the insert and then you rinse a waterproof liner. If you want, you can email me at kinzie_sue@hotmail.com I appreciate any help you can offer.

Jamie said...

sweet words connie. motherhood is amazing and somewhat indescribable, isn't it? we are so lucky to be entrusted with heavenly father's most precious spirits. hope all goes well with your upcoming move!

Summer said...

so true my friend, being a mom is the hardest most wonderful thing in the world. i love it every day.