Thursday, September 9, 2010

So Much to Blog, So Little Time

The month of August flew by so fast, just like the rest of the year has. In the past month we've gone on vacation to Utah (for nearly 2 weeks), Dave has started his last year of school, and I am teaching preschool with Luke and 4 other children 2 afternoons a week (while Seth naps).

We had such a good time in Utah and loved visiting family and enjoying the weather. I had forgotten just how beautiful it is there! We could actually play outside at any time of the day and the mountains are gorgeous. We love it here in Texas, but it's just not the same. Visiting our families really makes me wish we lived closer so we could see them all more often, but we are so grateful for the times that we do get to be together. Since coming home we've loved getting together with friends and making new friends (30 new families moved into our ward this month). I'm having fun teaching preschool and it's a learning experience for me as well to figure out what the kids like and how to get them really excited about learning. Overall things are really good for us and we're expecting to have a great school year.

It's weird to think that in just 8 short months David will graduate and we'll be moving on to something else in our lives. Maybe I'm weird, but I'm going to be sad when it ends. Just because that means we're going to have to move and leave behind some great friends. Even though we knew we'd only be here for less then 2 years we decided in the beginning to 'stand where our feet are' and enjoy things right now instead of living for the future. Living with this kind of mentality has been so good for me. Anyway, maybe I'll post a little more often now, but here are some pictures from the last month.











I just have to say, Seth is a crack up. This kid makes us laugh all the time . . . you can see it in some of the pictures.

No comments: