Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mother of the Year Award

We're only 2 months into this year and I already deserve the worst mother of the year award (because of events in 1 week). My stomach is churning as a write this because thinking about it is so frightening to me. This evening as I was taking Seth out of his bath I had a distinct thought (promting from the spirit I'm sure) to remove the plug. I sometimes leave the water because Luke gets in right afterward. But, I didn't take out the plug becasue I was trying to hurry and keep the bedtime routine going. I took Seth into the living room where David and Luke were playing with cars and put on his diaper and jammies. As soon as I finished, David asked me to find some phone numbers that he needed, so before I forgot about it I just decided to go do that (forgetting about the full tub). I went into the office down the hall and aparently Seth followed soon after. I thought Seth was with David and he thought Seth had followed me into the office. I heard Seth crying, but thought he was with David, so I was going to let him handle it . . . Likewise, David thought I was taking care of Seth . . . until he just continued to cry (possibly as long as a minute). I followed his cry into the bathroom and found him frantically trying to climb out of the tub drenched from head to toe. He must have fallen in head first and I don't even want to think about what could have happened if he had hit his head or been more quite and we hadn't heard him. I am in constant prayer thanking Heavenly Father that my little boy is ok. Please, once again learn from my mistakes . . . always follow promptings, and know where your children are, always.

2 comments:

EmmaTheJane said...

That is terrifying! There are just some moments that we think back on and shudder at the thought of.

I'm glad you found my blog because now I have yours! Of COURSE I remember you. Don't be silly.

Jamie said...

connie! that's so scary! and you aren't the worst mother! that could happen to any of us! thank goodness everything was okay.