Saturday, June 26, 2010

So glad I'm not 13

So I was going through a couple of boxes with things from way back when and found my middle school journal. While my intent was not to read any of it, I started browsing and ended up reading for about 2 hours. I nearly cried a few times. I started to feel a little vulnerable and insecure. I had forgotten about some of the things that had happened and remembered why I disliked those years of my life so much. But as I read through the progressing year I saw my insecure, lonely little self changing and growing. And there were good moments mixed in with the bad and there were amazing people that I know were placed in my life at just the right times. Mary J, Andrea W, Summer H, and Noelene C (all have different last names now) will always have a place in my heart. My family was and is amazing and my sisters did so much more for me than they will ever know. I am so glad that we grow up and hopefully most of us are better because of our experiences. And I just want to apologize to Stephanie G (J now), I accidentally hit you with a shot-put during practice and I really really didn't mean too. I have always felt so bad about that.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

i'm so glad i'm not 13 anymore either!!! haha! i haven't read any of my old journals in a while...maybe i will. hope you are doing well, connie!

Kevin, Amber & Jake said...

oh goodness im so glad im not 13 anymore! those middle school years were the worst years of my life! i just love your honest blog posts! miss you! love ya sis!

NatalieW said...

I love you this much <--------------------------------------------------:)-------------------------------------->

Elder Gifford & Wendy Nielsen said...

You are too adorable for words! I love your kindness, honesty and how much I relate to all you say!!! 13 was about the hardest age ever. I'm so glad you're you and just where and what you are! Luv you!

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Hi dear! How are you! You seem like you are really enjoying the summer with your kiddos! I would love to be able to come play with you! Random question, can you email me your yummy punch recipe. Random I know but it sounds so yummy for a shower I am throwing!