Monday, January 9, 2012

Preschool

L went to his first day of 'big' preschool on Thursday. In October I drove by a church that had a sign for their preschool and I decided to go in and see how it was. It seemed like a good facility, the teachers were very nice, and the price was right. They said he could start right away, but he was so anxious about it (and honestly I was too) that I didn't. For the past several months though he has really seemed like he needs something more. With the stresses in our life right now, I can't do as much as I normally would (or hope I would), and he needs his own 'thing' right now. After lots of thought and even prayer I decided to go ahead and sign him up. He was not happy about it when I first told him, but I let him pick out a new outfit and he was excited about decorating his bucket (instead of back-pack), and promised him a treat if he did well when I dropped him off. He did awesome! He seemed happy when I picked him up and has told me that his favorite part was playing on the play ground. He told me he felt kind of shy and I told him that's ok, I still get shy too. He's growing up so fast and in just a few months he'll be a big kindergartener!

Love that cheesy smile.

2 comments:

audrey said...

i'm proud of him for doing something all on his own - i have never had to worry about my girls being shy, so it's awesome that he's been so brave!

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Holly cow time goes quick!!!! I sitll remember when you dressed him up as Harry Potter for Halloween! That was like yesterday!