Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sleep

Sleep is a constant issue with our family. It always seems like just when we get everyone sleeping well something happens and we have to start all over again. We recently put the boys in the same room and they were doing awesome for a while, but the past few weeks (because of staying up late for holidays and visitors) they've been waking up before 6am and then spend the rest of the day tired. And most parents know that tired kids results in more whining, crying, fighting, disobedience, etc etc. Last night I made a make-shift bed for Luke in the office and had him sleep in there. At 7:15 this morning I heard the first noises of children rousing. A whole hour and half later than I've become used too. My first thought was Hallelujah! So far the day has gone so much better than it has for a while. They are happy, content, sweet. I am grateful for this balance right now and pray it lasts!

No comments: