Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome Home Johnson Family, Welcome Home

We are home. It has been a long, eventful, relaxing and fun month. We visited my family in Arizona for 10 days and then we visited David's parents in Utah for a little over 2 weeks. Traveling so far with such young kids is certainly an adventure, but I'm glad we did it. The day we got home was a story in itself. It was a typical travel day. . . drive to airport (45 min), two flights with a plane change and flight delay, and drive home (2hours). It ended up being nearly 11 hours of travel, which is of coarse stressful with children. I was amazed by all the great people we came in contact with though. The flight attendants were so accommodating and did everything they could to make us comfortable. They even let me stand as much as I needed (holding Seth) and we sat at the very back, so they were OK with Seth walking around a little! Passengers that sat near us were so nice after the flights telling us how cute the boys were and how they remember those day. The only 'unkind' person we met was a man that chose to sit in front of us. The flight was not even close to full and there were empty seats throughout the plane, but he sat in front of us. Before the plane even started taxiing he turned around and said, "Just so you know, I don't do well with kids kicking my chair." Luke was in a car seat, so he HAD to sit by the window and we were there first! I felt like saying a few words, but chose to bite my tongue. Anyway, we got to the airport safely and were greeted by David's amazing aunt and uncle, Wendy and Giff, who kept our car for us while we were gone. We drove the two hours home and thank goodness the boys slept the entire time! We pulled into our drive-way at about 10:45pm and our garage door would not open . . . Dave went to unlock the front door and found a notice from the utility company that our utilities had been turned off! We aren't set up on automatic payment yet and because we were out of town we missed the bill by a couple of days! Because it was so late and the house was really cold we decided just to go to a hotel that night. Thankfully, the boys slept amazingly well and we were able to get our power early the next day. Lesson learned, use automatic payments!! Well, this tale has become very long, but we are glad to be home and sad to be so far from family again. Check back soon because I'm going to be posting all about our vacation. I have 4 weeks and 500 pictures to catch up on (don't worry, I won't make you look at all the pictures!).

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love how you keep up with life/journaling through your blog. Great blog, great posts. I adore the photos!

Olsen Family said...

Wow, what an adventure. I have to laugh about the utilities only because the exact same thing happened to us during our winter vacation last year. I'm so sorry. It's expensive to get those utilities turned back on. I'm soooo glad you are back.